[patches] make upgradeprovision use replPropertyMetaData and others cools things

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Thu Apr 22 12:31:39 MDT 2010

Hello,

Please find attached 5 patches for provision and upgradeprovision

0001-s4-provision-Add-information-about-provisioned-usn-r.patch
0002-s4-upgrade-provision-Refactor-code-to-do-all-the-mod.patch
0003-s4-Add-functions-related-to-ldb-manipulation-when-do.patch
0004-s4-upgradeprovision-Inform-about-new-dns-dynamic-upd.patch
0005-s4-upgradeprovision-Use-replPropertyMetaData-for-bet.patch

The first one is to add the @PROVISION object to the base sam.ldb, this
object for the moment store the lastProvisionUSN attribute that indicate
which usn range has been touched by the provision. This information will
be used later on by the upgradeprovision to know which range can be
safely modified and which can't ...

The second one is a refactoring of the code of upgradeprovision to allow
to use 1 transaction so that it's easier to track usn modification
during upgradeprovision and also if upgradeprovision fails it leaves the
database as it was before.

The third patch is to add functions needed by upgradeprovision

The forth one is to inform about the new dns changes and the fact that
maybe the sysadmin should do something.

The last one is the introduction of replPropertyMetaData to drive the
upgrade, the idea here is to modify only the current host is the owner
of the attribute (originate_invocationid) and if the attribute was
modified during a provision or a previous upgradeprovision. This
information will only be available on new provision but there is a
script that I have (and that I can share but in the same time I didn't
wan't to spend ages on the cleaning) that creates an ldif file ready to
be integrated in the current provision to populate the range (it use an
educated guess to do so).

Please leave me your comments.