'net vampire' does not work with standard build for me

Bernd Markgraf bernd.markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Wed Apr 21 13:41:44 MDT 2010

Hi tridge,

>  > So the options for net vampire changed on the way? On my previous
>  > attempts the was on option --realm now it wants --target-dir
>  > I assume this is the directory where database files shall be stored?
> I fixed that in git master today.
Thanks, the --realm option is back.

>  > "/opt/samba/lib/python2.4/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
>  > 99, in _run
>  >     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
>  >   File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.4/site-packages/samba/netcmd/vampire.py",
>  > line 51, in run
>  >     (domain_name, domain_sid) = net.vampire(domain=domain,
>  > target_dir=target_dir)
>  > RuntimeError: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
> I've fixed that one too.
I now get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.4/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 99, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.4/site-packages/samba/netcmd/vampire.py", line 51, in run
    (domain_name, domain_sid) = net.vampire(domain=domain, target_dir=target_dir)
RuntimeError: NT code 0xc00020ee

Anymore information I can collect to fix this?

> sorry for all these bugs. There has been a rush of development lately,
> and we don't yet have automated testing of net vampire. It took us a
> few days to notice the breakage.
no problem :-)

> can you retry with the current tree?
Above is with Version 4.0.0alpha12-GIT-adb5f94
on both ends.
The incomplete number of tabs in RSATs user editor persists with this
version as well.

  bernd