'net vampire' does not work with standard build for me

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Fri Apr 16 10:22:11 MDT 2010

Hi list,

As subject says - 'net vampire' doesn't work with standard build for me
With 'waf' build however, it works just fine.

In standard build something very strange is happening.
Here is a snippet from the level 11 log:

Mapped to DCERPC endpoint 49156
added interface ip=10.191.40.225 nmask=255.255.0.0
added interface ip=10.191.40.225 nmask=255.255.0.0
Starting GENSEC mechanism gssapi_krb5
Aquiring initiator credentials failed: Cannot allocate memory
Failed to start GENSEC client mech gssapi_krb5: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
Failed to start GENSEC client mechanism gssapi_krb5: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
Failed to bind to uuid e3514235-4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2 -
NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
libnet_BecomeDC() failed - NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/python/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 99, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bin/python/samba/netcmd/vampire.py", line 51, in run
    (domain_name, domain_sid) = net.vampire(domain=domain,
target_dir=target_dir)
RuntimeError: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

As a matter of fact, I am getting this "Aquiring initiator credentials
failed: Cannot allocate memory"
error several times.
When digging little bit further, I reached the function mcc_get_principal()
in heimdal/lib/krb5/mcache.c
This function always fails with ENOENT because m->primary_principal is
always NULL.

Is there anybody on this list familiar with this code?
If there is, please help!
I have no idea why this field is always NULL.

I am now 'bisecting' last 2000 commits in attempt to find out which is the
faulty commit.
Bisecting 2000 commits is *very* tedious so if someone can help this will be
great.

--
Thanks,
Kamen Mazdrashki