password never expire issue

Ron García-Vidal ghstwrtr at evilgenius.net
Wed Apr 14 14:10:20 MDT 2010

I am having a problem where, if the DC has the "password expires" policy
set, and a user has "Password Never Expires" checked on his acct,
winbind will insist that the users password has expired.

I googles around and found some posts from '06 that talk about this.  On
Jan 26, 2006, Jerry Carter indicated that the problem was a known bug
with pam_winbind.so but had been fixed in version 3.0.21b, but I'm still
seeing this behavior in 3.0.24.

I'm running Debian etch with an NT4SP6 PDC.

-Ron