Migrating from Apple OpenDirectory?

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:04:38 MDT 2010

Hi

We have an Apple Open Directory server that we'd like to migrate to
Samba 4 (for authentication.  No file/print.)  OpenDirectory is based
on OpenLDAP, but the passwords are not stored in the LDAP directory,
as far as I understand it.

Is there any way to migrate the accounts to Samba without having to
reset all the passwords?

I see some mention in the Open Directory Admin document of running
Open Directory as an NT-style PDC or BDC, so is it possible to turn it
into a PDC and then migrate from that to Samba 4?
http://images.apple.com/server/macosx/docs/Open_Directory_Admin_v10.5_3rd_Ed.pdf

Thanks.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>