RPM spec files and waf

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Apr 13 07:42:46 MDT 2010

Hi Simo,

I did some work today to make the waf build of the RPMs for talloc,
tdb and tevent work better. I've successfully built RPMs based on the
FC13 spec files now.

The main changes I needed to make to the spec files were:

 - use ./autogen-waf.sh (as we've discussed already)

 - in some places use "ln -sf" instead of "ln -s" for the library
   links. Some of the spec files assumed the build would create the
   library links, and some of the spec files assumed it
   wouldn't. Using ln -sf makes it worth either way (the waf build
   always creates the links).

 - I added --disable-rpath into all 3 spec files, as discussed on the
   waf wiki page

 - I added --bundled-libraries=NONE to the libtevent spec file, to
   ensure it used the system talloc.

 - I also had to add --minimum-library-version=talloc:2.0.1 as a hack
   for tevent, as I didn't have root on the box I was testing on, so I
   couldn't install the required 2.0.2 version of talloc.

The working spec files are at:

  http://samba.org/tridge/waf-specs/

if you would like to take a look. I haven't tested the ldb RPM build
yet, although I expect it will be the same level of simple changes
needed for the others.

Cheers, Tridge