proposal: merge waf build of s4 to master

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Mon Apr 12 05:56:40 MDT 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 01:11:30 tridge at samba.org wrote:

>  > What is the track record for waf with regard to builds on other
>  > architectures like ARM ?
>
> For Samba4 it configures and builds on more systems in the build farm
> than our autoconf rules do. Kai has been testing it on ARM I believe.

As S4 needs python anyway and Python is a pain to cross-compile, I've done
some native builds with waf on my ARM Cortex-A8 system. As that's a pretty
normal Ubuntu Linux, it's not very surprising that this works.

I've also played with cross-compiling Samba (both 3 and 4) to the Android
platform recently, but both of them stubbornly resisted my attempts so far, so
I didn't even think about looking at waf for that.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin