autofs maps in samba4

Bernd Markgraf bernd.markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Sat Apr 10 15:06:05 MDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 03:42 +0300, Sassy Natan wrote:
> Oppppps
>

> I ment this one
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20100127.124344.7361f914.en.html
> I have add the missing object to the AD
>
> LDIF attach so u could manage all from a windows machine using ADUC or
> the Unix MMC
That is quite a lot of stuff :-) Looks like you're implementing a YP
domain alongside the LDAP data already present. I don't know if this is
a requirement when you want to use only the windows tools. But your LDIF
is missing the automount maps Chris and I were after.
I tried to reuse everything that is already there and personally I tend
to avoid most windows stuff. So I create and modify users and groups
with some scripts (producing and applying LDIFs) from a Unix box.
For the rest it's mostly just mapping the attributes present in the
MS AD schema to the typical Unix attributes in your LDAP config on the
clients.

 Bernd