Problem renaming Default-First-Site-Name

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Thu Apr 8 07:22:37 MDT 2010

On 04/08/2010 07:50 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 08/04/2010 13:54, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
>> This isn't supported by us yet. We assume to have always only one site
>> available with the name "Default-First-Site-Name".
>>
> Also I read on internet that's it's not such good idea to remove this
> default site (like the default GPO btw ...).

Hey Matthieu,

Maybe, but it's done quite a lot in practice FWIW.  I frequently
find networks that have removed the "Default-First-Site" or its
localized equivalent.  And find some network segments configured
for no site at all (which is definitely a bad idea).  And child
domains purposely configured with no access to the parent domain
(root of the forest).

cheers, jerry