Adding oplocks to SMB2 == changing the share_mode entry struct.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Apr 7 23:23:04 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 11:18:13AM +1000, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, I've been thinking about this some more, on and
off, and I think I might be able to get away without
changing the mid size in the share_mode_entry struct.

That field is smbd specific, and is only used to identify
which of a set of pending-but-not-complete operations to
examine on an event occurring. In this case an smb2-aware
smbd could just as easily use an internally incrementing
counter as the mid value, as it's never used or seen by
the client, and it's only value is to identify pending
ops. As we have to do a linear search on the pending
ops anyway, a 16-bit int would do just as well.....

Jeremy.