Samba's base64 encoder/decoder

Mohan Narayanaswamy mohann at silver-peak.com
Wed Apr 7 20:11:34 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use samba3's ntlm_auth (gss-spnego helper) /winbindd
utilities for performing NTLM pass-through authentication against a AD
domain.

My application uses libb64 (http://libb64.sourceforge.net/ ) and I am
facing a problem while sending "KK base64 encoded Type1 SPNEGO blob".

Libb64 breaks ( inserts "\n" ) the output line after every 76 characters
and expects the decoder to ignore the  "\n".  ( most base64 encoders
claims that this is a standard)

But samba's base64 decoder does not seem to ignore the "\n".

Should I use only samba's encode/decode when I play with ntlm_auth ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohan