patch Bad char conversion Illegal multibyte prozeduranzahl

Wed Apr 7 14:16:58 MDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:53:14PM +0200, Heiko L. wrote:
> I have a problem and their workaround.
>
> Is it welcome?
>
> regards heiko
>

> problem:
> - after (successfull) login into NT-Domain get error:
>    Die Prozeduranzahl liegt auerhalb des erlaubten Bereichs
>    (The procedure number is out of range ???)
>
> cause:
> - first/lastname has german umlaut
>   Error:  "Bad char conversion"
>
> workaround:
> - patch 100407.samba-3.5.1_fix_converr.patch [1]
>   (tested on 3.5.1 3.5.2)
> - details s. diag

Is it possible that the encoding of "Fröhlich" does not
match what you have set in "unix charset"? For example, you
might have the ö in Fröhlich encoded as ISO8859-1, and Samba
possibly implicitly assumes UTF-8, or vice versa. Have you
tried to play with the unix charset setting?

Volker