[Patch] Fix a path problem with registry related ldb

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Wed Apr 7 06:43:46 MDT 2010

No, Matthieu - this patch isn't right. The provision calls
"setup_registry" with the registry LDB file names as argument without
path specification. This method calls "registry.open_ldb" (you can find
it in "pyregistry.c") which is basically a wrapper for
"ldb_wrap_connect" (the standard s4 LDB opener). Here the interesting
part (the path is called "url" in this call):

line 204 >         real_url = private_path(ldb, lp_ctx, url);

You see that the file name is enhanced with the private directory as
prefix and so the path specification fits. Therefore your problem with
the registry LDB files in the current folder lies elsewhere (maybe a
wrong configure?).

Matthias