proposal: merge waf build of s4 to master

Mon Apr 5 01:38:31 MDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 12:57:35PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> We should probably also switch over tdb at some point, as currently it
> builds the tdb test suite against the system version of tdb if it
> exists. This means tdb is not getting valid testing in the build farm.

As I already said in a previous mail: As long as
./configure;make in our distro tarfiles still works without
python, I'm fine with it. I am not concerned about Samba4,
because I think setting up an AD DC can with a lot of reason
expect a much richer environment. But anything else like the
pure Samba3 fileserver and our exported libs tdb and talloc
should still be buildable without python by default.

If the build farm tests the system tdb, then I think that
should be fixed separately.

Volker