pidl facillitates illicit data sharing between idl files

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Sep 30 02:45:31 MDT 2009

Hi Sam,

 > Aye, but:
 > http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/03/27/8338530.aspx

we always create only the "struct NAME" varient in the header, so
forward refs work fine with pidl.

midl creates typedefs instead, and you need to put the name in twice
(as you did) to get the right header. We don't need that.

 > (MIDL again) but I can have a macro to nullify the struct name when not
 > running under midl.

no need - I checked and pidl will accept the "name it twice" varient,
and will generate identical code. You just don't need the name there
twice for pidl to do the right thing.

Cheers, Tridge