prefixMap refactoring

Kamen Mazdrashki kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
Sun Sep 27 09:22:55 MDT 2009

Andrew, Metze,

Work-in-progress patches are pushed to:
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drsuapi_prefixmap_wip

As I wrote you in IRC, 'partial_oid' field is implemented in the form:
'2.5.4.130:0x81'
Conversion is implemented during NDR marshaling.

Here is the progress so far:
 - ASN1 functions to encode/decode partial OIDs in BER format
 - unit test for ber_read/write OIDs implemented
 - torture tests for testing prefix map correctness also implemented
   Tests works just fine against:
    -- W2K3-R2 with Exchange installed (Exchange schema leads to partial OIDs)
    -- W2K8-R2 x64 - clean installation, no schema modifications
 - a bug fixed in strhex_to_str() function

Note that you should not be able to build this branch as 'partial_oid' rename is
not currently propagated everywhere it is used.

P.S. I am changing thread subject as it clear already it is not a ber-encoding problem

BR,
Kamen Mazdrashki
kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git