[linux-cifs-client] SMB Trans Vs SMB Write / SMB Read

Thu Sep 24 11:17:03 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:08:38PM -0500, Shirish Pargaonkar wrote:
> Alright.  I thought Samba server would have similar functionality
> as far as named pipes are concerned. Thanks.

We implement what Windows clients send us. And all we've
seen so far for these pipe metaoperations is trans2
requests. We just haven't seen anything else on the wire,
and there is virtually no documentation (yet?) on this
topic. As I said, we don't have access to Windows source
code, so we can only reply to what the clients have so far
sent us.

Sorry,

Volker