python: create a script for reorgnizing an LDB file.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 22 23:47:21 MDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 10:51 -0500, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> commit 11a7842854c0be8c427a2dbf0a8fc3761cda6298
> Author: Matthieu Patou <mat at matws.net>
> Date:   Fri Sep 18 15:55:57 2009 +0400
>
>     python: create a script for reorgnizing an LDB file.
>
>       This script helps to reclaim waisted place.

While a great idea, I think this is quite dangerous in practice.  If run
on the 'backend' ldb files, it could corrupt the indexes because the
samba modules are not loaded (and so it would compute incorrect index
values).

Better would be to run tdbbackup on the tdb files.

Sorry for not reviewing this earlier,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.