oplocks support on Solaris?

jiri sasek - Sun Microsystems - Prague Czech Republic Jiri.Sasek at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 22 12:21:07 MDT 2009

Thanks Jeremy

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 06:03:16PM +0200, jiri sasek - Sun Microsystems - Prague Czech Republic wrote:
>> Is there any way to start the oplocks support on the platforms does not
>> supporting the oplocks in kernel in samba?
>
> Well you can always turn on the userspace oplock support,
> without talking to the kernel. Just set "kernel oplocks = no"
> and you'll get userspace oplocks without kernel interaction.

Is not it set by default?  ...to "no" on platforms does not supporting
the oplocks in kernel?

> You have to make sure only Samba is accessing those exported
> filesystems though. Is this what you meant ?

It was exactly what I needed to know if is not there any option to
emulate the oplocks on fcntl locks for instance.

Exactly I needed to know if there is no possibility (configure or patch
samba) to break the oplocks on clients when some other application than
samba modify the oplocked file?

Regards

Jiri