[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha8-1448-gfb91464

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Sep 22 06:45:32 MDT 2009

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> I put this in when you were on vacations (I think). I had to patch
> manually since the patchfile didn't apply anymore.
> Okay, the WMI management is broken at the moment, but it's good to
> have the patch under version control since standalone patches - you
> know - do often not work anymore on say a half-year newer code version.
> But I'm fine if you want to revert it for now in the "master" branch -
> but I'd like to see it picked up somewhere. But couldn't you do a
> backmerge to your actual "WMI" repository and work on it? Then when
> you merge the full WMI code from the repo - we had it in.
Please revert it for now. I much prefer a patch that no longer applies
to a patch that further breaks the existing code - and that's likely,
given that it can't have been tested. Applying this patch manually later
could take more time, but on the other hand so would take debugging an
issue that could have been introduced by pushing it now.

Cheers,

Jelmer