pidl [in,out] helpers

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Sep 22 01:34:07 MDT 2009

* Jelmer Vernooij wrote, On 21/09/09 14:31:
> Sam Liddicott wrote:
>> * Sam Liddicott wrote, On 18/09/09 09:33:
>>> For pidl samba4 output, is it possible that I can express:
>>>
>>> [out] int *count;
>>> or
>>> [out,MAGIC] int *count;
>>>
>>> and have my out struct look like:
>>>
>>> struct out {
>>>   int count;
>>> }
>>>
>>> but without changing the wire packing?
>> for [ref] pointers, at least...
> No, this is not possible. I looked into it a while back but it quickly
> gets complex to deal with this inside of pidl.

Having done some more reading, it seems that for [ref] pointers, there
should be no difference in the marshalling code between:

   [out,ref] int count;
and
   [out,ref] int *count;

so I'll try something at the pre-processor level, perhaps #define-ing a
macro to * unless pidl is being used.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Sam