[Patch] Allow specifiying the guid for NTDS Settings

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Fri Sep 18 14:40:49 MDT 2009

On 09/19/2009 12:21 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 00:11 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This patch allow to specify on the command line the GUID of the object
>> NTDS Settings for the selfjoined DC.
>>
> I really don't like the idea of changing the objectGUID.  If you need to
> set it to a particular value, then do so during the 'add' process.

Note: I usually do not try to innovate and try to do as it is done
already (ie. for domainguid is the same script).

Although it's not a problem for me to do in one or in another way
> That may require that we set a control to allow it (if another module
> would prevent it).

Let's see
> I would also prefer this was not exposed to the command line - indeed, I
> would prefer less provision command line options in total (for example,
> provide invocationID only as a parameter to provision(), but not a
> command line parameter to ./provision

Well once more : no innovation and I've done as it has been done for
policyguid_dc last Monday ...
If everybody is OK to go is this direction then it's OK for me.

Matthieu.