[SAMBA4] Have I got a task for you! (help fix quicktest)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 15 13:49:04 MDT 2009

Samba4's 'make quicktest' is a great way to check that simple changes
don't totally bust the tree.  However, it does not cover many quick
tests.

I wondered if you might be able to run:

../selftest/selftest.pl --prefix=st --builddir=. --srcdir=.
--exclude=selftest/skip --testlist="selftest/tests.sh|" --socket-wrapper

Then grep for the subunit output, to find the timestamps.  using that
(see the subunit project for scripts and format details), produce a
spreadsheet with all the tests, and how long they take.

Look at the list of tests we have in selftest/quick, and then propose
anew list of tests containing more (or at least a better variety of)
tests that can be executed in the same or a similar amount of time.

Hopefully this will allow us to get more code tested quickly, rather
than relying on the (too long) full make test

What do you think?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.