replaced and deprecated attribute in schema

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 14 07:12:25 MDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 14:08 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hi andrew,
>
> While doing stuff on the upgradeprovision script I found some attributes
> that disappear or that are changed:
>
> prefixMap
> defaultSecurityDescriptor
> mayContain
> systemFlags
> searchFlags
> systemMayContain
> systemOnly
>
> defaultObjectCategory

What changes here?

> possibleInferiors

This is now calculated at runtime.

> rangeUpper

For which attribute is this missing?  It may be a bug in the schema MS
has provided to us.

> adminDisplayName
> adminDescription

This is a bug in ms_schema.py or the supplied text-file schemas from MS.
We must investigate if they are always equal to the displayName and
description, and then provide a default mapping of one to the other in
that script.

> For the first part I'm quite ok to change or removed them but for the
> second as I don't know the use or the previous use of this attributes I
> am a bit more reluctant to authorize the script to replace or remove
> them.

Indeed, and I'm glad you checked.

> Can you tell me if it's ok to replace/remove them ?
>
> Matthieu.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.