Problem in Final Provision Script - samba4-pre-Alph9

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 14 07:08:48 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 14:17 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
> > Oliver Liebel wrote:
> >> sorry, i didnt tested it with the latest version from git.
> >> but im sure andrew will know where to focus, as he
> >> reworked provision.py in several parts to integrate
> >> provision-backend in provision.
> >>
> >> looks like for some reason s4 cant make a proper connect to the ldapi-socket
> >> on therefore provision fails.
> >
> > For me it boils down to that slapo-deref is mentioned as being missing
> > although it is available on my system.
>
> Hmm, where are the 'moduleload' directives in the setup directory?

Samba4 relies on the behaviour from recent OpenLDAP releases (possibly
gone missing in very recent versions) that uses the default module
directory and a mapping from overlay names to module names.  (Because I
don't want to try and guess those OpenLDAP configuration details).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.