[Patch] Make samba4 return a correct Supported Encryption

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Fri Sep 11 04:11:36 MDT 2009

On 09/11/2009 01:48 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 09:07 +0000, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
>
>> Matthieu,
>>
>> to be honest, I find my reworked version now very clear. We ask for
>> the attributes where we need them. Sure, we'd have some small speedup
>> (one lookup less) but if you consider the LDB modules  - also they
>> often have more lookups than really needed. More lookups generally
>> means to be more clear in design.
>>
>> The other point is (like Andrew mentioned) that the design of this
>> call still isn't completed fully yet. There is missing the
>> "dNSDomainName" and "servicePrincipalName" handling (maybe some more
>> checks, also the "samldb" module will be enhanced).
>>
>> So if you really want this patch in - please repost it after the final
>> design

No do not really want the latest one to be included  but as Metze and
Andrew B were more inclined to have 1 search then I was OK to please
them as for me it doesn't matter much ...
>> I would still prefer one search.  It means one set of error handling,
>> and clearer behaviour.
>>
>> I don't see how pre-declaring the attributes we need, then asking for
>> them at the right moment is really that hard
At the end it seems easier to wait until you settle on this modification
and then submit a patch on the top of your modifications.

Andrew: is it worth making a torture test or extending the torture test
for getDomainInfo for testing the returned value of supportedEncoding ?

Matthieu.