3 more students on DRS Replication Project

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Sep 10 19:05:54 MDT 2009

Hi Rodolfo,

 >   you presented Crístian to the list. Now I would like to present 3 more
 > students that will be working on this project here at Unicamp. They are:
 >   - Eduardo Lima
 >   - Erick Nogueira
 >   - Fernando Silva

Welcome aboard to all of you!

 >   The first step is to get an overview of the task, and what tasks will be
 > necessary. Any help will be appreciated.

There has been a lot of activity on the DRS code in the last few
weeks, prompted by the upcoming DRS plugfest in Redmond later this
month.

After the plugfest is over I think it might be useful for us to
organise a tutorial session with the new students to bring them up to
speed with what has been achieved so far. We could use a shared screen
session and spend a couple of hours making sure the students can run
the current code.

I'll also send a message to the list immediately after this email
giving an overview of where we are up to with DRS support in Samba4,
and where we need to go next. I'll include some rough instructions on
how to install and run the current code.

Cheers, Tridge