[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-5-test updated - release-4-0-0alpha8-1380-gb01a7fc

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Sep 9 03:48:13 MDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:18:36AM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 08:35:26AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> > we all are preparing the upcoming release branch.
> >
> > How long will it take to finish the winbind changes?
>
> Not sure. From a pure functionality point of view it should
> work as it is right now. It might be a little less efficient
> because some caching is done in two places. But it is a
> bigger mess than it was before.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopefully not ;-)

> Günther, you said you had already looked at the "new" debug
> output from winbind. What do you think? Leave it in for 3.5
> as it is now?

You know, when it comes to moving something to IDL based interfaces I am
always all for it :) The debugging output really helps to understand
better what is going on between the various processes and from the amount
of testing I did so far I do not think that anything has broken.

So, please leave it in for 3.5.

Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org