[Patch] Make samba4 return a correct Supported Encryption

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Tue Sep 8 04:10:20 MDT 2009

On 09/08/2009 02:26 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 23:40 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>
>> On 09/07/2009 04:51 PM, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Matthieu,

>>> Can you resend the patch using:
>>> - tab indentation
>>> - using the same type 'uint32_t' in all places,
>>>     currently you're mixing uint32_t, int and samdb_search_int64()
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> metze
>>>

>> Hi metze,
>> Sorry for the tabs, about 32/64 I didn't find the samdb_search_int32
>> function and I've seen in the code of samba4 that it's done like this
>> (ie. samdb_result_force_password_change in dsdb/common/util.c).
>> Maybe it will be more cleaner to create a samdb_search_int32() ?
>>
>> In any case here is the updated patch I also attached a variant just
>> with 64 bit ints ...
>>
> We need to avoid magic things like 0xf in the code.  Can you a bitmap of
> constants to the netlogon.idl and use them?

Metze, Andrew,

Find attached the version that use the IDL (good point because it
allowed me to realize that we should return 0x07 in fact ...) with int32
and a silent cast from samdb_search_int64.

I attached the version with both generated code and not generated code
included in the patch.

As usual let me know !

Matthieu.