[Patch] Make samba4 return a correct Supported Encryption

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Mon Sep 7 13:40:56 MDT 2009

On 09/07/2009 04:51 PM, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Matthieu,
>

>> Please Find attached a patch that allow S4 to return correctly the
>> SupportedEncryption in the getDomainInfo RPC.
>>
>> This patch make the assumption that by default if the
>> msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes is not populated then the workstation
>> support all the encryption up to RC4 (same assumption as Windows 2008
>> and upper do).
>>
> Can you resend the patch using:
> - tab indentation
> - using the same type 'uint32_t' in all places,
>    currently you're mixing uint32_t, int and samdb_search_int64()
>
> Thanks!
> metze

Hi metze,
Sorry for the tabs, about 32/64 I didn't find the samdb_search_int32
function and I've seen in the code of samba4 that it's done like this
(ie. samdb_result_force_password_change in dsdb/common/util.c).
Maybe it will be more cleaner to create a samdb_search_int32() ?

In any case here is the updated patch I also attached a variant just
with 64 bit ints ...

Matthieu