[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated- release-4-0-0alpha8-349-g5334b79

Steven Danneman steven.danneman at isilon.com
Fri Sep 4 19:36:38 MDT 2009

Hey Metze,

I've finally had some time to get back to the SMB2 torture tests I was working on a few months ago.

I've modified the original smb2/dir.c test, to use the more standard torture style that you suggested.  The main problem with the torture_assert_*() macros, is that they return immediately, not allowing the test to do cleanup.  I thought of many ways around this problem, including wrapping the torture_assert_*() macros in their own static functions within dir.c or implementing the setup/teardown functions per-test in the smb2 torture code.  I felt there were issues with both of those approaches, extra junk code in each test file for the first, and an inability to create a per-test talloc context for the latter.

So I finally settled on defining new torture_assert_*_goto() macros, that jump to a label instead of returning immediately.

I've attached a patch that show my implementation and usage of a few such macros.  I wanted to get your buyoff on this idea before committing.  Can you give a quick code review and tell me what you think?

Thanks,
Steven