Patch for LDB SAMBA python bindings

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 29 16:45:26 MDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 08:53 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Btw Jelmer (and other interested people): I updated the "misc" branch
> with those patches (I splitted them up) some time ago.

Posting things to your git repo isn't the same as posting them for
review.  Please post them as patches here, so we can look over them, and
so you can see when we reply (rather than assuming that if they have sat
around long enough, that they have been looked at).

> I think you should know the URL of the repo in the meantime.
>
> Regarding the file permissions: ldb sets them per default to 0666. s4
> uses 0600. I really don't see the need to add a default value for
> "set_create_perms" which could also be just 0666 since the method is
> located in the generic LDB bindings. We really need to call it since our
> s4 isn't the default!
>
> Another question left: Do we need to invoke "dsdb_set_global_schema"
> before "dsdb_make_schema_global" also in the python bindings? Both calls
> seem to be needed by the C samdb code, in python however we use only the
> first at the moment.

I'll need to keep thinking about this.  The global schema stuff is a
hack, and while it works really well in the main Samba code, the python
code deals with bringing in a remote schema.  We probably want some more
control on that.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.