NLM and CTDB recovery master node failure

Thu Oct 29 09:47:39 MDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 04:34:14PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Please use a different cluster file system that does not
> exhibit this behaviour or run without the central
> reclockfile.

Ok, I've got a question: Can we achieve the same result we
use the fcntl lock on the reclockfile for with another API
on your system?

We need to very quickly determine correct cluster membership
of all ctdb nodes: If nobody can get the reclock lock, then
we're broken. If more than one can get it, we've got a split
brain. How can we get that info reliably out of your
cluster fs without using the fcntl lock?

Volker