[IPA] Build farm with FDS backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 28 18:48:18 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 17:39 -0400, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I noticed that build.samba.org's main page is blank (not showing any
> results), is it under maintenance? It's been like that for quite some
> time today.

I broke some things in some work I did yesterday.  I've fixed it now.

> How long does a complete build farm cycle normally take? Is it normal
> if it takes more than several hours?

It should not take that long.  Perhaps 3 hours for all the trees?

> ----- "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > What we really need to do is have it run as a normal part of 'make
> > test', when compatible versions of OpenLDAP and Fedora DS are found.
>
> Do you mean the test should automatically use the OpenLDAP/FDS backend
> (instead of the default backend) if they are available on the system?

Yes.  We should setup a new 'environment' in the selftest code of
'dc-openldap' and 'dc-fds', much like the current 'dc' and 'member',
then we can run the domain controller tests against these extra
environments.

> > However, the environment variables you set in your build_test will
> > make
> > it down to Samba4, so if you set FEDORA_DS_ROOT=/foo and
> > TEST_LDAP=yes,
> > then it will actually run that modified 'make test'.
>
> So the build_test should check the default installation directories
> of OpenLDAP/FDS and set the above environment variables automatically?

Well, the idea would be to move away from those environment variables
(in particular the need to manually specify TEST_LDAP) in the long term.
But for a quick change, if you set those manually in the build_test
script, then your build farm host will run the LDAP backend testsuite.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.