clearTextPassword attribute

Nadezhda Ivanova nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com
Wed Oct 28 10:09:54 MDT 2009

Hi Matthias,
Unfortunately the similarity between clearTextPassword and unicodePwd does not help in this case, because we do not not care whatsoever about syntax or function, only access rights granted. In 99% of the cases we rely on the dfeaultSecurtyDescriptor or inherited ACEs to determine access, and by default we may have rights given to principal self or administrator over unicodePwd, but never on clearTextPassword. I suppose I could, in acl module, handle clearTextPassword explicitly by checking for the rights of unicodePwd instead, but it will be an ugly hack... And the whole idea of being allowed to use an attribute that is not actually in the schema breaks a ground rule...

Regards,
Nadya