clearTextPassword attribute

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mwallnoefer at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 28 09:18:03 MDT 2009

Hi Nadya,

yeah this attribute is used only by s4. To handle it properly you will
have to do some exception handling regarding it (like it has been done
in the schema code). Isn't there a constraint line in the ACL for all
password attributes in common? If yes, apply this also for this
attribute. If each password attribute has it's own setting do this: use
the rights for the "unicodePwd". The two attributes are nearly
identical: the first is pure UTF16 cleartext (easier for use by s4
calls) and the second one (transportable, since also supported by
windows) is UTF16 quoted cleartext.

Matthias