[Patch] add --as-sddl option to getntacl and create setntacl

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 27 23:57:41 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 00:33 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Find attach 2 patchs, the first one for creating the setntacl tool and
> for improving command line parsing in getntacl.
> The second one is an improvement of the provision to put all the GPO
> stuff together (and out of setup_samdb). It also include calls to
> setntacl for  setting ACL on files as they are in the AD so that GPMC
> will be more happy.

The tools look good, but need tests (otherwise they will shortly
break).

The changes to provision however still need work - I really don't like
the idea of shelling out to setntacl like that.  Can we instead have
what that tool does put into a library and then wrapped with python
bindings?

(this would also make it much easier to write tests for).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.