Remaining "cast"/"const" patches

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 27 17:20:56 MDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 16:25 +0000, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I finished the split-up. It's not reasonable to post the patches as attachment - so they're only in my private repo. Maybe you like to write the filenames or patch titles of those which look okay.

Matthias,

Looking over these patches, I suspect you are unaware of how 'const'
works for pointers compared with structures.

You should look up your local copy of "The C programming language", but
in short:

- const on a pointer generally is only about warnings
- const on a structure also tells the compiler it can place the
structure in read-only memory.  In particular, you will see many tables
in Samba are 'static const' for this reason.

You should not revert such declarations, such as in 's4:torture/raw/lock
- Remove "const" before "zero_byte_tests"'

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.