[Release Planning 3.4] v3-4-test will be frozen tomorrow

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon Oct 19 01:18:01 MDT 2009

Hey folks,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:48:39AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 08:39:30AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> > this is a reminder that v3-4-test will be frozen tomorrow due to 3.4.3
> > release preparations. Please make sure that all major patches will be
> > commited asap.
> The following blockers exist right now:
> - https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6705
>   Win Server 2k8 join fails: The specified account already exists
> - https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6727
>   Printer issues on 3.4.1
> - https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6606
>   cli_read_andx_done() not handling short reads
>   This one is already fixed. The 3.4 patch only needs the formal ACK
>   from Jeremy.
> - https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6555
>   Shares on member server not (always) accessable on 3.4.0

bugs #6727 and #6555 still exist and are marked as blockers.
Bug #6815 (sid-to-name resolution in w2k8r2 trusting domains not working)
is a new blocker for 3.4.3.

Due to our new policy proposed by Jeremy, we should delay 3.4.3 until the
blockers are fixed or severity has been lowered. Others suggested that
blockers should not block a bug fix release.

Now you see me really confused. Delaying 3.4.3 or not?
Please comment!



Samba			http://www.samba.org
SerNet			http://www.sernet.de
sambaXP			http://www.sambaxp.org

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/attachments/20091019/67aa7555/attachment.pgp>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list