In like a lamb...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Fri Oct 16 01:10:40 MDT 2009

First off, if'n anyone is wondering why my answers are so confused it's because:
1) It's 2am where I am.
2) I am in the middle of all sorts of research into InfoLevels, comparing
   NT vs. W2K+ across different Transaction requests.  It's a little hairy.

Okay, now I eat my hat again...

SMB_FIND_FILE_OLE_DIRECTORY_INFO (0x105) is a valid InfoLevel for
TRANS2_FIND_FIRST2 as described in [MS-CIFS].
...well, it needs a structure diagram but otherwise it's there.
...well, okay, it's currently described in TRANS2_FIND_NEXT2, and not in
TRANS2_FIND_FIRST2 but we'll fix that.

SMB_FIND_FILE_OLE_DIRECTORY_INFO does not appear in W2K.

In more recent versions of Windows, we do indeed have the infolevels I
described earlier in this thread.  Specifically:
-  SMB_FIND_FILE_ID_FULL_DIRECTORY_INFO replaces
   SMB_FIND_FILE_OLE_DIRECTORY_INFO, and
-  SMB_FIND_FILE_ID_BOTH_DIRECTORY_INFO is added.

It all depends upon the version of the Windows server.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org