FW: A proposal for an MIT KDC for Samba4

Karthikeyan R karthikeyan_r at spanservices.com
Tue Oct 13 22:31:37 MDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-technical-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-technical-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of simo
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:53 PM
To: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: A proposal for an MIT KDC for Samba4

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 08:42 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Dmitri Pal wrote:
> > We in the freeIPA project tried to find some solution to the problem
> > of two KDCs and two different schemas.
>
> Dmitri, I understand that FreeIPA has a problem with different LDAP
> schemas for both KDCs. But wouldn't it be much better to support
> Howard Chu's approach of defining a common LDAP schema for KDCs? He
> wrote some postings on the ietf-krb-wg mailing list with subject "LDAP schema for kdc".
>
> IMHO it's a waste of effort using MIT KDC with Samba4 if there's no
> possibility to use an existing one.

FWIW I have been working with Howard on the common schema problem and I am 100% supportive of his work around it. But it is still a draft, so it will take time before we can get to use this new schema.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer <simo at samba.org> Principal Software Engineer at Red Hat, Inc. <simo at redhat.com>

DISCLAIMER:

This email message and all attachments are  confidential and may contain information that
is privileged,  confidential or exempt from  disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not  the intended  recipient,  you  are notified  that any dissemination, distribution or
copying  of this email  is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify us immediately by return email or to mailadmin at spanservices.com and destroy
the original message.

Opinions, conclusions, and other  information in  this message that  do not relate to the
official business of SPAN, shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.