s4:objectclass ldb module - Check for empty messages

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 12 21:24:51 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 10:36 -0500, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> - Log
> commit 8b67e1ab703e85182eb288138d3fb1fa8a903002
> Author: Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mwallnoefer at yahoo.de>
> Date:   Mon Oct 12 17:32:24 2009 +0200
>
>     s4:objectclass ldb module - Check for empty messages
>
>     I think the check for empty messages fits best here.

I agree, that's a much better place.  However, it still leaves the other
problem - make test does not pass any more with this restriction.  The
restriction might be technically correct, but in causing 'make test'
fail, it creates a bigger problem.

We need to disable this (and mark the part of ldap.py as knownfail)
until the parts of the SAMR server that use this behaviour are updated
to cope with it no longer being permitted.

The same happened with the merge of some of my other 'correct' fixes
from the time with Microsoft.  They were correct, but broke the
provision of the member server until last night.

We need to merge the fixes to allow all of Samba to use pass 'make test'
with the stricter LDB before the stricter LDB is itself merged.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.