s4:ldb_tdb - Rework/Various

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 12 00:03:21 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 17:19 -0500, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> commit 32a7b82e87c71e103c47fee787ed81db6266921f
> Author: Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mwallnoefer at yahoo.de>
> Date:   Tue Oct 6 09:30:53 2009 +0200
>
>     s4:ldb_tdb - Rework/Various
>
>     - Unify the error handling method with "done" mark in all longer
> functions

Matthias, I'm rather concerned about this patch, as it seems do add
'goto' statements for little gain.

Unlike some projects, we don't have a ban on goto in Samba, but we
dislike it.  The only reason you see so much of it is that we dislike
duplicated cleanup even more, but with talloc it is often just a single
talloc_free() that is required.

This patch seems to add a goto done to simply 'return ret', which seems
a little gratuitous.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.