[Release Planning 3.5] Samba 3.5.0pre1 on October 29?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Oct 9 09:19:40 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 11:06:45AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> we are running a bit behind the 3.5 schedule, so we should ship 3.5.0 pre1
> as soon as possible. What do think about October 29? Are there any
> objections?

Yes, sorry. I have to fix the code in the 3.5.x tree that does
the "create time" store to match Metze's request before we ship
any pre-release. Once code ships that supports this we'll have
to maintain the on disk format going forward. I'd like to have
a little more time to fix this to store it inside the
existing DOS.attrib, I'd say target mid November. If I can
get it done before then I'll let you know asap, and I'll
make it a priority for my coding work, but currently I'm
doing 3.3.9 and 3.4.3 bugfix and testing, and that will eat up much
of my time before the 3.4.2 release date on October 22nd.

I'd really like to get this feature in for 3.5.0, but if I realize
it's going to take any longer than this to get right I'll
remove the code so we can ship.

Jeremy.