[IPA] Storing SID in String Format

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 21:07:05 MDT 2009

----- "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> Actually, I have a better idea.  When you are able, use the name Samba3
> uses.  That way we are not further diverging the schemas folks will find
> on the net.  (sambaSid is the name for a string-format SID in Samba3).

> See also the unloved but still mostly-passing-the-testsuite 'samba3sam'
> mapping module.  I would strongly suggest rather than just renaming all
> the attributes with a 'Samba4' prefix, that you try and map them to the
> right thing in your target schema, or the Samba3 schema.  We don't need
> more schemas out there.

Thanks for your feedbacks. I initially picked the samba4 prefix because
there's already some attributes/object classes using that prefix like
samba4top and samba4rdn. I agree that we should try to reuse Samba3
schema if possible, but there seems to be far fewer attribute type &
object class definitions in Samba3 schema than those in AD schema.
So let me change the mapping table with Samba3 schema as many as
possible, then we'll review it again. Thanks!

--
Endi S. Dewata