s4-drs: cope with bogus empty attributes from w2k8-r2 (Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated)

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Nov 30 06:56:45 MST 2009

Hi Tridge,

>  > do you know the attid space is splitted into multiple parts,
>  > not all ids are mapped via the prefix map, some are also mapped
>  > to static values defined with the msDs-intID (or a similar name)
>  > in the schema objects.
>
> I didn't know that, thanks! Do you have an example of how I would
> lookup one of those attids?
>
>  > Are the attid's different each time you run the test?
>
> no, they are the same each time. Here are the two I get at the moment:
>
>   Discarding bogus empty DsReplicaAttribute with attid 0x98e17dfb
>   Discarding bogus empty DsReplicaAttribute with attid 0x853c1d03
>
> do those numbers mean anything to you?

Yes, see MS-ADTS 3.1.1.2.6 ATTRTYP

they're both in the 0x80000000-0xBFFFFFFF range, which means
the attributes should have a msDs-intID value autogenerated.

I that case mapping doesn't work via the prefix mapping.

the attributeID (or governsID) is directly mapped to the attid
in the msDS-intId value.

metze