s4 torture: Split up the torture suite setup for RAW-SFILEINFO

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 26 15:13:40 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 13:18 -0800, Tim Prouty wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2009, at 8:49 AM, Tim Prouty wrote:
>
> > The branch, master has been updated
> >       via  17caf63... s3 selftest: Add RAW-SFILEINFO-END-OF-FILE to
> > selftest
> >       via  af610a6... s3 setfileinfo: Open with FILE_WRITE_DATA when
> > setting the file size
> >       via  b6f9722... s4 torture: Change RAW-OPLOCK to use the
> > documented version of SET_END_OF_FILE_INFO
> >       via  98f5950... s4 torture: Allow onefs to be checked like
> > samba3 and samba4
> >       via  6074a05... s4 torture: Add two new setfileinfo tests
> >       via  ce9ac3a... s4 torture: Split up the torture suite setup
> > for RAW-SFILEINFO
> >      from  56eca75... The start of a WHATSNEW for Samba4 alpha9
> >
> > http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
> >

> > commit ce9ac3a685e2a23b30952bf20dbe3f9bf24dfaaa
> > Author: Tim Prouty <tprouty at samba.org>
> > Date:   Tue Nov 24 16:25:02 2009 -0800
> >
> >    s4 torture: Split up the torture suite setup for RAW-SFILEINFO
> >
> >    A side effect of this change is that RAW-SFILEINFO now runs the
> > whole
> >    suite instead of just the first test.  I changed the name of the
> > first
> >    test to RAW-SFILEINFO-BASE and changed all of the selftest scripts
> >    that call it.
>
> I would like to solicit some help from a selftest/samba 4 expert on
> how to get selftest working with this recent commit.
>
> RAW-SFILEINFO was explcitly defined in raw.c along with subtests such
> as RAW-SFILEINFO-BUG.  I modified RAW-SFILEINFO to reference the suite
> of tests which now includes subtests such as RAW-SFILEINFO-BUG.  Since
> it is no longer possible to have a specific test called RAW-SFILEINFO,
> I modified it to be called RAW-SFILEINFO-BASE.
>
> I changed all of the samba3 make test references from RAW-SFILEINFO to
> RAW-SFILEINFO-BASE, but I'm having trouble doing the same in samba4.
> I tried changing source4/selftest/quick to include a line
> "raw.sfileinfo.base" rather than "raw.sfileinfo", but it doesn't seem
> to parse correctly and just skips the test.  I could just remove it
> from quicktest, but that seems like a last resort.  Additionally, the
> full 'make test' far samba4 needs a similar adjustment.
>
> I've been looking at this now for a few hours and need some guidance
> from someone who knows how this all fits together a little better than
> me :).

Can you please revert this until you have Samba4's 'make test' passing?

I need to cut a release tree, and we should never (I know it happens,
but regardless, it is never meant to happen) have code checked in that
does not pass 'make test', no matter if it's a 'valid' torture test or
not.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.