[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Nov 26 05:24:06 MST 2009

Hi Tim,

>> The branch, master has been updated
>>       via  17caf63... s3 selftest: Add RAW-SFILEINFO-END-OF-FILE to
>> selftest
>>       via  af610a6... s3 setfileinfo: Open with FILE_WRITE_DATA when
>> setting the file size
>>       via  b6f9722... s4 torture: Change RAW-OPLOCK to use the
>> documented version of SET_END_OF_FILE_INFO
>>       via  98f5950... s4 torture: Allow onefs to be checked like
>> samba3 and samba4
>>       via  6074a05... s4 torture: Add two new setfileinfo tests
>>       via  ce9ac3a... s4 torture: Split up the torture suite setup for
>> RAW-SFILEINFO
>>      from  56eca75... The start of a WHATSNEW for Samba4 alpha9
>>
>> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
>>

>> commit ce9ac3a685e2a23b30952bf20dbe3f9bf24dfaaa
>> Author: Tim Prouty <tprouty at samba.org>
>> Date:   Tue Nov 24 16:25:02 2009 -0800
>>
>>    s4 torture: Split up the torture suite setup for RAW-SFILEINFO
>>
>>    A side effect of this change is that RAW-SFILEINFO now runs the whole
>>    suite instead of just the first test.  I changed the name of the first
>>    test to RAW-SFILEINFO-BASE and changed all of the selftest scripts
>>    that call it.
>
> I would like to solicit some help from a selftest/samba 4 expert on how
> to get selftest working with this recent commit.
>
> RAW-SFILEINFO was explcitly defined in raw.c along with subtests such as
> RAW-SFILEINFO-BUG.  I modified RAW-SFILEINFO to reference the suite of
> tests which now includes subtests such as RAW-SFILEINFO-BUG.  Since it
> is no longer possible to have a specific test called RAW-SFILEINFO, I
> modified it to be called RAW-SFILEINFO-BASE.
>
> I changed all of the samba3 make test references from RAW-SFILEINFO to
> RAW-SFILEINFO-BASE, but I'm having trouble doing the same in samba4.  I
> tried changing source4/selftest/quick to include a line
> "raw.sfileinfo.base" rather than "raw.sfileinfo", but it doesn't seem to
> parse correctly and just skips the test.  I could just remove it from
> quicktest, but that seems like a last resort.  Additionally, the full
> 'make test' far samba4 needs a similar adjustment.
>
> I've been looking at this now for a few hours and need some guidance
> from someone who knows how this all fits together a little better than
> me :).

The reason is that we use smbtorture --list in source4/selftest/tests.sh
and --list only outputs the first 2 levels of torture suites nesting.

So we just pass RAW-SFILEINFO to smbtorture, which means it runs all
subtests.

metze at sam[SerNet]:~/master4/source4 > bin/smbtorture --list |grep SFIL
RAW-SFILEINFO
metze at sam[SerNet]:~/master4/source4 > bin/smbtorture //127.0.0.45/bla
RAW-SFILEINFO
Using seed 1259237626
test: BASE
Failed to open connection - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED
error: BASE [
Unknown error/failure
]
test: RENAME
Failed to open connection - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED
error: RENAME [
Unknown error/failure
]
test: BUG
Failed to open connection - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED
error: BUG [
Unknown error/failure
]
test: END-OF-FILE
Failed to open connection - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED
error: END-OF-FILE [
Unknown error/failure
]
test: END-OF-FILE-ACCESS
Failed to open connection - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED
error: END-OF-FILE-ACCESS [
Unknown error/failure
]
metze at sam[SerNet]:~/master4/source4 > bin/smbtorture //127.0.0.45/bla
RAW-SFILEINFO-BUG
Using seed 1259237640
test: BUG
Failed to open connection - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED
error: BUG [
Unknown error/failure
]

As we're getting this in make test now:

UNEXPECTED(failure): samba4.raw.sfileinfo (dc).END-OF-FILE
command: ./bin/smbtorture --configfile=$SMB_CONF_PATH
--maximum-runtime=1200 --target=samba4
--basedir=/home/metze/tmp/st-master4/s4client
--option=torture:progress=no --format=subunit //$SERVER/tmp
-U$USERNAME%$PASSWORD --option=torture:sharedelay=10000
--option=torture:oplocktimeout=3
--option=torture:writetimeupdatedelay=50000 RAW-SFILEINFO
ERROR: Testsuite[samba4.raw.sfileinfo (dc)]
REASON: Exit code was 1

we should add something like "raw.sfileinfo.*.END-OF-FILE" to
source4/selftest/knownfail

metze