[s4] My recent work

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 23 15:05:12 MST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 15:20 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi abartlet and other s4 developers,
>
> I would like to bring to attention my recent work:
> - "const" patches: I did improvements over the last weekend and some
> (those in common with s3) where merged - the s4 ones are outstanding:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/mdw.git/shortlog/refs/heads/const

On these, I would still like a single, typesafe function that takes a
(char **) and returns a (const char **), as then we don't risk missing a
change in the type (rather than just the addition of a const).

> - "operational" work: I changed the operational attributes to be
> read-only through a indeed very simple patch - I hope that's enough:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/mdw.git/shortlog/refs/heads/operational

I'll push this shortly.  I'll skip to 'remove useless init' however, as
I've found a use for the init :-)

> - "index counters": I corrected the patch for LDB
> (http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/mdw.git/commitdiff/8fec9b617e00dc577bdaebad45440a612c23cd15)
> - hope to have fixed it according to your suggestions

I've not looked at this yet.

Thanks for putting these up for review!

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.