including samba vfs module scannedonly in source tree

Olivier Sessink oliviersessink at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:18:05 MST 2009

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 01:00:54PM +0100, Olivier Sessink wrote:
>> that is correct, I've tried to keep the VFS module as simple and generic
>> as possible, it only uses a domain socket or it talks over UDP.
>
> Ok, thanks for that info.
>
>> Where can I find the new interface documentation?
>
> Nowhere, sorry. It's much as it was before: Look at the
> examples in modules/vfs*.c
>
>> ok, I'll first correct these first pointers and send a
>> corrected vfs module.
>
> Thanks! Looking forward to that!

The latest revision
http://scannedonly.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scannedonly/trunk/src/vfs_scannedonly.c?revision=46&view=markup
has all requested changes, except for the 3.5 changes, because I
couldn't get autoconf to run in the 3.5 tree.
/usr/bin/m4:configure.in:23: cannot open `pkg.m4': No such file or directory

Could you take a look at the code and see if things go in the right
direction? If so I'll branch, remove all the 3.0/3.2/3.4 compatibility
and create a 3.5-only version.

thanks,
	Olivier Sessink